Items purchased at Sears Outlet stores or on searsoutlet.com can only be returned to Sears Outlet stores.
RETURN POLICY FOR NEW MERCHANDISE
If for any reason you are not satisfied, return your purchase in its original packaging with all accessories, manuals, and parts, with your original receipt, for a refund or exchange (subject to the terms and conditions below). For most items, you have 30 days from the date of your original purchase to make a return with the following exceptions.
RETURN POLICY EXCEPTIONS
- Indoor upholstered furniture, including recliners and sofas, and delivered wood furniture must be returned within 7 days of the delivery date. Ready to Assemble furniture and baby furniture must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Postpaid cell phones must be returned within 14 days of purchase and may be subject to early termination fees depending on the carrier contract. After 14 days, issues should be addressed with the carrier directly.
- Mattresses and foundations have 30 day trial periods with different terms and conditions. Mattresses and foundations are eligible for a one-time return or exchange. Mattresses or foundations that are damaged, soiled, infested, stained or missing law tags cannot be returned. Adjustable base beds/foundations cannot be returned. Bed frames and head and footboards must be returned within 30 days of the delivery date.
- Christmas season items cannot be returned after December 25. Christmas season items purchased after December 25 are final sales and cannot be returned.
- Custom and personalized items, including custom jewelry cannot be returned. Special orders and gift cards cannot be returned.
- Floor samples and display items are purchased “as is” with all faults and cannot be returned.
- Opened music, movies, software, video games, and collectibles cannot be refunded, but if defective, they can be exchanged for an identical item.
- Some items with open packaging or labels and tags that have been removed, including folding guest beds, air/inflatable beds, continuous air bouncers, water slides, pools, gas powered lawn equipment, breast pumps, power tools, scooters over $149.99, specialty occasion clothing, video cameras/camcorders, handbags, jewelry and watches are not eligible for return and will only be exchanged for an identical item or a substantially similar item of equal value.
- Installed Automotive products are covered under specific product warranties provided in connection with Auto services and are listed on the invoice.
- Items damaged, altered, or abused after delivery to the customer cannot be returned.
- Delivery, labor and/or installation fees cannot be refunded.
- If you return an item for exchange, the replacement merchandise that you receive cannot be refunded, it is only eligible for exchange.
Damage Reporting Requirement For Delivered Items: You must report any visible damage to delivered items within 72 hours of delivery to be eligible for a refund or exchange. If delivered items with visible damage are not reported within this time frame, the refund or exchange will not be accepted. To report damages and obtain the required claim number, call 1-800-732-7747 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and midnight Central Time seven days a week (except Christmas Day).
For stores located in Puerto Rico, call 1-800-732-7747 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. AST Monday through Saturday or Sundays during the Holiday season from Black Friday through January 6 (Three Kings) from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. AST (except Christmas Day).
Note: Some Sears Hometown and Outlet locations may utilize a local delivery service. In these cases the store will provide the local phone number for damage claims.
Restocking Fees, Special Order Cancellation Fee (Not applicable in Hawaii or where prohibited by law)
- To avoid a 15% restocking fee on consumer electronics, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, space heaters and grills, gas powered lawn equipment these items must be returned unused and with the original box, product packaging, accessories, and parts.
- A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for returned mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters, and built-in home appliances.
- Generators: a $500 restocking fee is charged for the return of Generac whole house standby generators.
- Restocking fees do not apply when item is returned as defective or because incorrect product was delivered.
- Special orders cancelled later than 24 hours after purchase are subject to a 15% order cancellation fee, including special orders on certain automotive merchandise, including special tires and cargo handler tops.
Pick Up Fee: Where permitted by law, a pick up fee will be charged for our delivery team to pick up returned mattresses, foundations, patio furniture, gazebos, canopies, pergolas and grills. This fee will not apply when the item is returned as defective or because an incorrect product was delivered.
Promotional Offers: In the event of a return of items purchased in connection with a gift or award card promotion, all or a portion of the card amount may be deducted from any refund or exchange (please note that certain Award Cards may have a date on which they expire, which will be indicated on the face of the card). When returning items in which a free or bonus item was also provided as part of the purchase, the value of the free or bonus item may be deducted from any refund or exchange, unless the free or bonus item is also returned unused. When making a purchase as part of a multiple-buy discount (for example, “buy one get one free”) the value of the discount will be pro-rated among all items that are part of the multiple buy. If some but not all of the items that are part of the multiple buy are returned, the refund or exchange amount will be the amount paid for the items returned less the pro-rated discount. Refunds and exchanges may also be reduced if a discount was given at the time of purchase conditioned upon a bundled purchase, and some but not all of the items that were part of the offer are returned. Points earned by a Shop Your Way Member on an item that is returned will be removed from his/her Shop Your Way account. If there are insufficient points in the account to be removed, the refund or exchange amount may be reduced by the value of the points shortfall. See www.shopyourway.com for more details.
Where appropriate, refunds will be issued in the same form as the original method of payment. Returns with a gift receipt will either be exchanged or refunded in the form of a gift card. It may be necessary to ask for identification in connection with a refund or exchange. We reserve the right to limit or decline a refund or exchange.