Sears Outlet sells both new items as well as one-of-a-kind, out of box, discontinued, refurbished, scratched and dented, and used merchandise. All items that are non-new undergo a stringent testing process and, when necessary, have cosmetic parts replaced and/or are repaired. Only once an item has undergone our thorough certification process is it approved to be a Sears Outlet Certified item.
All Sears Outlet Certified Products:
- Are rigorously tested for full, like-new functionality
- Have missing parts replaced
- Are repaired, if necessary, and retested
- Are refurbished with replacement parts for mechanical defects found during testing
- Are fully cleaned and sanitized
- Follow the Sears Outlet return policy*
The certification process follows the same basic mechanical guidelines as recommended by the Original Manufacturer.
Customers Purchasing a Certified Appliance or other item from Sears Outlet should expect:
- A fully functional and operational unit
- The assurance that the unit still meets Sears quality standards as the nation's leading retailer of appliances and appliance related products
The manufacturer's warranty still applies to both new and Out of Box items certified by Sears Outlet, with the exception of Samsung out-of-carton product, which is covered by a Sears Outlet warranty that covers 1 year of parts and labor. In addition, the industry leading Master Protection Agreement is still available for purchase on most Sears Outlet appliances.
The Master Protection Agreement provides an additional 3 or 5 years of coverage and provides for preventative maintenance for the length of the plan.