Craftsman 42 in. Turn Tight® Fast Riding Mower A Machine For All Seasons See the best selling attachments for this Riding Mower Whether you're wading through the weeds after the spring rains or clearing the driveway after a winter storm, the Craftsman 42 inch Briggs and Stratton Platinum 22 HP 724cc V-Twin Turn Tight® FAST riding lawn mower has the power to make quick work of the job. It also has the finesse to make tidy work—with a 6 inch turning radius, this machine will maneuver around trees and fences where many riding lawn mowers just don't fit. The 42 inch cutting deck is ideal for yards with gates and limited storage areas. An adjustable deck can raise up to four inches off the ground, letting it chew through heavy growth. With a top speed of 7.5 mph, plus its automatic transmission, this tractor it a dream to operate on rolling expanses or up or down hills.
- Powered by a V-Twin Platinum series 22 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek OVE engine that is designed to run cooler and cleaner for better fuel economy and longer engine life.
- The rugged FAST Automatic transmission, with a maximum speed of 7.5 MPH, features foot pedal operation. With a forward and reverse pedal this tractor operates just like a car to quickly mow in any direction.
- Turn Tight® technology features a 6 inch turning radius that easily maneuvers around gardens and other obstacles, while shortening time between each pass.
- 42 inch cutting deck offers cutting heights from 1 inch up to 4 inches mowing more grass in less time
- With 10 easy to adjust cutting height options for the best suited cutting height to meet seasonal conditions.
- Mow-in-Reverse option allows you to perform a quick 2-step process in order to keep the blades engaged for continuous mowing while shifting into and out of reverse.
- Anti-scalp front and rear gauge wheels to protect your deck by keeping it from scalping the grass when the mower encounters uneven or sloped terrain.
- The superior strength of the cast-iron front axle provides piece of mind when your yard contains rugged terrain or numerous obstacles.
- Easy to fill 3 gallon fuel tank helps reduce refueling needs for long days in the yard
- Comfortable 15 inch ergonomic high-back seat isolates user from bumps and vibration reducing rider fatigue.
- Deck Wash system facilitates cleaning of the cutting deck. Just attach the hose, turn on the water and start the engine.
- Spring assist deck lift allows for easy adjustment of the cutting deck to your desired cut height.
- Safely carry your favorite beverage with you on the tractor while you mow.
- Item is not CARB-Compliant and cannot be shipped to California.
- See the best selling attachments for this Riding Mower
One smart decision calls for another. Safeguard your new purchase with the best repair and replacement coverage in the business. A Sears Protection Agreement picks up where the limited manufacturer's warranty leaves off. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having a plan that delivers what it promises. (Learn More)
Choose your protection agreement:
|Terrain Type||Uneven, Steep, Flat, Hilly, Obstacles|
|Cutting Deck & Blade:|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type||Spring Assisted|
|Blade Type||3 in 1|
|Overall Item Dimensions||72.75 x 45 x 46|
|Cutting Deck Style||Mulch/Rear Bag/Side Discharge|
|Cutting Deck Material||Steel|
|Cutting Width (In.)||42|
|Blade Width (in.)||2.125|
|Number of Cutting Blades||2|
|Cutting Height Maximum (in.)||4|
|Cutting Height Minimum (in.)||1|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels||Yes|
|Handling & Operating:|
|Tractor Grade||Yard Tractor|
|Cutting Deck Nose Roller||No|
|Accessory or Attachment:|
|Hauling Equipment||Light Hauling, Heavy Hauling|
|3 Bin Bagger Part Number||#24892|
|Snow Blade or Thrower Capable||Snow blade, Snow thrower|
|2 Bin Bagger Part Number||#24891|
|Mulch Kit Part Number||#33742|
|General Warranty||2 Year / 5 Year Frame & Axle|
|Recommended Terrain||All Types|
|Item Weight (lbs.)||532|
|Recommended Yard Size||1 Acre and Above|
|Controls and Features:|
|Blade Engagement Type||Manual|
|Frame Type||Stamped steel|
|CARB Compliant||Not Compliant with Cali. Air Resource Board|
|Front Axle Material||Cast iron|
|Fuel Gauge Location||On Tank|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.)||3.0|
|Oil Filter Type||Full pressure|
|Air Filter Type||Dual|
|Engine Brand||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Cooling System Type||Air Cooled|
|Overhead Valve Engine||Yes|
|Cylinder Liner||Cast iron|
|Front Tire Size||15" x 6" x 6"|
|Rear Tire Size||20" X 8" - 8"|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||724|
|Speed Control||Foot pedal|
|Number of Reverse Speeds||1|
|Number of Cylinders||2|
|Turning Radius (in.)||6|
|Mow in Reverse||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds||Infinite|
|Maximum Forward Speed (mph)||7.5|
|Maximum Reverse Speed (mph)||2.9|