Sears Outlet Online Purchase - FAQs
- What types of merchandise does Searsoutlet.com sell?
- Why am I also seeing Sears Department Stores under the Searsoutlet.com site?
- When does my credit card get charged?
- What online purchase options do I have?
- Can I get items delivered via UPS?
- If an item doesn't give me the option for shipping, can I arrange for UPS shipping myself?
- What's an Order Confirmation email?
- What's a 'Sears Outlet Order Ready for Pickup' email?
- I don't want to buy the merchandise online until I see it?
- What if I still prefer to see the item in person?
- Can I buy the item online and pick up the item in the store?
- What if I buy online, but don't like the item once I see it in the store?
- What are my other purchase Options for Sears Outlet Stores?
- How will I know if the item is available that I added to cart after the store is closed?
- When I see delivery prices why is the 'standard delivery' price lower that national delivery prices?
- How can I track my Home Delivery order if it is not a 'standard delivery'?
- Why can I only choose the 'Store Pickup' option on certain stores?
- If an item is listed 'As Is' does it have a warranty?
- What is the difference between New vs Reconditioned?
- Why is every item considered unique?
- Where can I find information about Returns Policy or Price Matching?
The Searsoutlet.com inventory consists of new and reconditioned items. Each item is unique to each store.
What types of merchandise does Searsoutlet.com sell?
SearsOutlet sells New, One-of-a-kind, discontinued, scratched and dented merchandise. A new product warranty would still apply. Here is a link to our video which further explains what Searsoutlet.com is all about:
Why am I also seeing Sears Department Stores under the Searsoutlet.com site?
Although the Sears Outlet stores are the main source of our inventory, we also show inventory for other Sears Holdings Corporation formats including Sears Department Stores, Sears Hardware Stores, and Sears Home Town Stores. The limitation is that their inventory is only available for purchase as Store Pickup, and shipping and delivery are not currently being offered.Back to top
When does my credit card get charged?
Once you added your item to Cart and check out, the following will happen.
- You will get a confirmation number after selecting the Place Order button.
Note: Your charge card has not been charged yet
- The Store will verify that the item is available.
- If the item is available for purchase, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with all your order details. Note: THIS IS YOUR RECEIPT! Your charge card has now been charged for the merchandise and specific details related to your order are provided.
- While Searsoutlet.com will not charge your credit card until an item is confirmed to be in inventory, there are several banks that will “hold” funds for an online purchase immediately at order placement, especially when using a debit card. We have seen the bank hold funds up to 4 days in some cases, even when the order was declined by Searsoutlet.com because the inventory was not available. Members impacted by this need to work with their bank to get the funds released earlier or get information from the bank on how long the funds are held.
What online purchase options do I have?
The type of product determines the available purchase options. For appliance sold out of the Outlet Stores you will have the options of Store Pickup or Delivery. Your delivery charge will be based on your zip code and where the item is located.
Note: Items from Sears Department Stores, Sears Hardware Stores, and Sears Home Town Stores are only available for purchase as Store Pickup.Back to top
Can I get items delivered via UPS?
Most products in the Outlet store that are 130lbs or less are available for Shipping* via UPS. You also have the option of Store Pickup. Bring your email receipt to the store when picking up your item(s).
* Although some products may weigh less then 130lbs they may not qualify for shipping via UPS do to hazardous materials qualification, or fragility of the item. Not all items ship well in a UPS environment.
Note: Items from Sears Department Stores, Sears Hardware Stores, and Sears Home Town Stores are only available for purchase as Store Pickup.
Back to top
If an item doesn't give me the option for shipping, can I arrange for UPS shipping myself?
If an item doesn't give you the option for shipping, then it does not meet the UPS criteria and cannot be shipped via UPS. There are cases where items weigh less than 130 lbs that CANNOT be shipped via UPS. Some items because of their bulk do not travel well in a UPS environment.Back to top
What's an Order Confirmation email?
An 'Order Confirmation' email is the email you will receive after you place your order.Back to top
What's a 'Sears Outlet Order Ready for Pickup' email?
This is your email receipt when you have opted to pick up an item in the store (Store Pickup). Print this email (receipt) and take it to the store when picking up your item(s). If you do not see this email in your inbox of the email address you used to purchase the item, then check your SPAM folder.Back to top
I don't want to buy the merchandise online until I see it?
Outlet stores now take actual pictures of their items. Look for the icon "view photos of this specific item". Click the icon to see thumb nails of the actual item.
Back to top
What if I still prefer to see the item in person?
Click the 'Visit store to see actual item?' link to view the Item and Store Details' page of the item you want to purchase. Call the store to ensure that the product is available.Back to top
Can I buy the item online and pick up the item in the store?
Yes. You can make your purchase online for any of the Formats (Sears Outlet Stores, Sears Department Stores, Sears Hardware Stores, and Sears Home Town Stores). Make sure you bring your 'Sears Outlet Order Ready for Pickup' receipt email and present it to the store associates.Back to top
What if I buy online, but don't like the item once I see it in the store?
You may choose a comparable item or have the item cancelled.Back to top
What are my other purchase Options for Sears Outlet Stores?
For Sears Outlet Stores you can:
- Buy online and pick up in store
- Buy our shippable* products (less then 130lbs) online and have the shipped via UPS.
- Buy Online and get home delivery (local for $71.99) if the store you select is supported by our Home Delivery service miles (estimated 50 miles) from you home.
- Buy online and get national delivery if the store you are purchasing from is beyond the 50 mile range (estimated) from your home. The pricing for national delivery will vary based on distance (originating store zip code to delivery zip code)
* Although some products may weigh less then 130lbs they may not qualify for shipping via UPS do to hazardous materials qualification, or fragility of the item. Not all items ship well in a UPS environment.Back to top
How will I know if the item is available that I added to cart after the store is closed?
The order will remain in pending status until the store opens and you will receive an email message stating that the store is closed. When the store opens they will confirm the merchandise is available, and you will receive a 'Confirmation E-mail' with additional order details.Back to top
When I see delivery prices why is the 'standard delivery' price lower that national delivery prices?
The 'standard delivery' price means that there is a local store that has the item and it can be delivered from the local Home Delivery location. If it does not state 'standard delivery', then the item is not available in a store near you and will be traveling a further distance and we consider this a national delivery.
Back to top
How can I track my Home Delivery order if it is not a 'standard delivery'?
Same as with standard delivery you will receive an email notification for the delivery with additional order details and you will get a phone call to schedule the delivery within 48 hours of the item being delivered.Back to top
Why can I only choose the 'Store Pickup' option on certain stores?
The searsoutlet.com website lists items for Outlet, Full Line Retail, Hardware and Home Town stores, but only Outlet Stores give you the four different options. The rest will only offer 'Store Pickup'.Back to top
If an item is listed 'As Is' does it have a warranty?
Yes. All items have a full manufacturer's warrantyBack to top
What is the difference between New vs Reconditioned?
The product descriptions on Searsoutlet.com are based on new product that would be sold through Sears.com or our other retail locations. This was done to provide a full and accurate description of features and benefits of each item. The status on the site will help you as a customer determine if the product is "New" or "Reconditioned".
Samsung out-of-carton product does not come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Please see associate for details on how to purchase a warranty for this product.
New :Product can be still in a box or new product out of a box that was returned. Product has never been installed in a customer’s home and may have some cosmetic damage. New product warranty still applies
Reconditioned : Product is a classification for all product other than new in a box. This may include returned product that has been checked out and repaired, floor models or product out of its original box. Any of these items may be missing manuals or other accessories. All of these factors play into the level of discount the product is offered at. Reconditioned: New product that was returned, has been tested and repaired if necessary, to meet 'like new' mechanical specifications. Product may have some cosmetic damage. New product warranty still applies and you will note that all Sears Outlet products then become Sears Outlet Certified.Back to top
Why is every item considered unique?
Every item on our site is unique:
The Sears Outlet website carries discounted merchandise for Sears Outlet Stores, Sears Department Stores, Sears Hardware Stores, and Sears Home Town Stores. The site displays new, one-of-a-kind, out of carton, discontinued, used, reconditioned, scratched and dented merchandise. Even on similar items across our stores, their prices will vary depending on the age and condition of the merchandise. Certain items such as tool sets may be missing pieces/parts. Items are limited to stock on hand.
Due to each product being unique we do not have a way to easily identify what kind of cosmetic damage a product may have or if it is missing any accessories. As a customer, it is important to contact the store to determine the condition of the product before deciding to purchase. In some instances, the product is greatly discounted due to the missing accessories, etc. When calling the store be sure to mention that you’re looking at the item on Searsoutlet.com and it’s "991" merchandise.Back to top
Where can I find information about Returns Policy or Price Matching?
On the lower right hand footer of the Home Page are links that provide all the required information.Back to top