Sears Outlet Stores Certification Process
Sears Outlet sells new, one-of-a-kind, out of carton, discontinued, reconditioned, scratch-and dent and used merchandise. All items that are non-new undergo a stringent testing process and, when necessary, have cosmetic parts replaced and/or are repaired and then approved to be an Outlet Certified item.
Each Sears Outlet Certified Product:
- All reconditioned product is fully tested
- Has had all missing cosmetic parts replaced.
- Is refurbished with replacement parts on any mechanical defects found during the testing process.
- Is put through a thorough cleaning and sanitization process.
- For items that receive mechanical repairs, they are placed into a final inspection before being added as sellable certified stock.
- Follows the Sears Outlet return policy*
The certification process follows the same basic mechanical guidelines as recommended by the OEM (Original Manufacturer).
Customers Purchasing a Certified Appliance or other item from Sears Outlet should expect:
- A fully functional and operational unit.
- The assurance that the unit still meets Sears quality standards as the Nation's leading retailer of Appliances and Appliance related products.
The full manufacturer's warranty still applies to both new and out of box items certified by Sears Outlet, with the exception of Samsung out-of-carton product. In addition, the industry leading Master Protection Agreement is still available for purchase on any Sears Outlet Appliance. The Master Protection Agreement extends the manufacturer's original warranty to 3, or 5 years and provides for preventative maintenance for the length of the plan.
*In warranty Home Appliances are subject to repair only, unless a Sears Product Repair Technician determines that the appliance is not repairable. Contact 800-4MY-HOME (800-469-4663) to schedule a free service call.
For other products, if for any reason you are not satisfied, simply return your purchase in its original packaging, with your original receipt within 90 days of your purchase for a refund or exchange, within 30 days of your purchase for Consumer Electronics and Apparel.
Where applicable, all refunds will be issued in the same form as the original method of payment. If you are not satisfied with your purchase after this, please let us know. Your satisfaction is important to Sears.