Sony Blu-ray Disc™ Player w/ Super Wi-Fi® - BDP-S3100
Accent your entertainment experience with premium design and super Wi-Fi® to easily stream over 100 services* like Netflix, YouTube™, Hulu Plus, and Fitness & Wellness applications. Features TV SideView™ to control and browse content from your mobile device or tablet**. Experience better picture quality with a fully-encased optical drive and I/P noise reduction.
- Super Wi-Fi®: Sony Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc™ Players are engineered for a stronger and faster wireless connection. Therefore you can place the Blu-ray Disc™ player throughout your home and enjoy a smoother and more seamless streaming experience*
- Premium Design: Beautifully designed to fit with your home decor
- Unlimited streaming choices with the Sony Entertainment Network: With the Sony Entertainment Network, you'll never run out of entertainment options with access to 100+ streaming services* including movies, TV shows, and music from Netflix®, YouTube™, HuluPlus™, Pandora®, Amazon Instant Video, and more. Also, access apps specifically designed for your TV including Fitness and Wellness apps
- Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc™ playback and DVD upscaling: Enjoy all your favorite Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p resolution, or upscale your DVDs to near HD quality. You can even play your CDs for a complete entertainment experience
- Control and browse from mobile devices with TV SideView™: With the free Sony TV SideView app., you can control your player and browse content from your mobile devices. “Throw” your videos, pictures, and music from your mobile device(s) to your TV. Voice search is also available for some services***
- Built in web browser: Browse the internet with your mobile devices via TV SideView™ application**, USB keyboard (not supplied), or the supplied remote (Built in Browser is a limited Browser and may not support all websites)
- Improve your viewing experience with I/P noise reduction and fully enclosed optical drive: I/P noise reduction is specifically designed to eliminate playback noise for a better picture quality. The fully-enclosed optical drive keeps dust and particles away for optimal video playback
- Display your multi-media wirelessly from your PC with DLNA®: Using DLNA® you can wirelessly access music, videos and photos from your PC or other compatible device and play them on your TV (Requires a home network with content stored on a DLNA® compliant PC or server. See dlna.org for compatibility)
- Socialize™ with your on-line friends while you watch TV.: Using Facebook™ and Twitter®, you can tell your friends what you are watching right from your Blu-ray Disc Player (Socialize requires user to have Twitter or Facebook account setup on player and internet connectivity)
- Start enjoying your movies faster: The player quickly loads and starts your Blu-ray and DVD discs so you can start enjoying your movies within seconds
- Life, easily shared.: Easily display your videos and photos on your TV or listen to your digital music by simply connecting your USB storage device to the Blu-ray player's front USB slot (Not all USB devices are supported. Please check Owner's Manual for compatibility and file types supported)
- Learn more about your movies with Gracenote®: Gracenote® searches across internet apps and external services such as YouTube® and Video Unlimited to provide you with detailed information on a wide-variety of movie (Gracenote requires internet connection)
- Experience movies as the director intended them to sound like: Dolby® TrueHD and dts®-HD codecs reproduce high-definition sound with 7.1 channels of discrete audio for uncompromised quality (Requires HDMI® cable and LPCM capable receiver)
- Reduce energy with an ENERGY STAR® 2.0 rating: With an ENERGY STAR 2.0 rating, the player will consume less energy during its use and when it's in standby mode
* Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires an 802.11 home network.
** TV SideView Application must be downloaded from the iTunes® or Google Play application store. Check Android market from your device for compatibility. Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
*** Mobile Device must be on same home wireless network as Blu-ray player, be running TV Sideview Application and must meet file type limitations. Check Owner's manual for file types.***